Blockchain is typically used to support cryptocurrency. But blockchain’s novel way to store, validate, authorize, and move data across the internet has evolved to securely store and send any digital asset. As companies explore how to take advantage of this technology, they have a huge need to build this skillset, as it is extremely difficult to hire for.
- Blockchain Basics with Jonathan Reichental
- Blockchain Beyond the Basics with Jonathan Reichental
- Blockchain: Learning Solidity with Emmanuel Henri
#2 Cloud Computing
Today, companies are built and run on the cloud. They need talent who have the skills to help them drive technical architecture, design, and delivery of cloud systems like Microsoft Azure.
- Learn Cloud Computing: Core Concepts with David Linthicum
- Azure Administration Essential Training with David Elfassy
- Cloud Native Development with Chris Bailey
#3 Analytical Reasoning
Today, data is the foundation of every single business. Organizations want talent who can make sense of it and uncover insights that drive the best decisions for the business.
- Strategic Thinking with Dorie Clark
#4 Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) augments the capabilities of the human workforce. The people who can harness the power of AI, machine learning, and natural language processing, are the ones who can help your organization deliver more relevant, personalized, and innovative products and services
- Artificial Intelligence Foundations: Machine Learning with Doug Rose
- Big Data in the Age of AI with Barton Poulson
- Introducing AI to Your Organization with Jonathan Fernandes
#5 UX Design
It seems like the average attention span of consumers decreases every year and they have no patience for products that aren’t intuitive. Organizations need more expertise to help them build more human-centric products and experiences.
- Getting Started in User Experience with Chris Nodder
- Learning Adobe XD with Tom Green
- Interaction Design: Software and Web Design Patterns with Diane Cronenwett
#6 Business Analysis
Business analysis made the most significant jump of any skill on our list and it’s one of the few hard skills every professional should have, as most roles require some level of business analysis to make decisions.
- Business Analysis Foundations with Greta Blash
- Data Analytics for Business Professionals with John Johnson
- Data Driven Presentations with Excel and PowerPoint with Gini von Courter
#7 Affiliate Marketing
With the decline of traditional advertising and the rise of social media, affiliate marketing is rapidly rising as a must-have hard skill. Affiliate marketing leverages influencers on social media to tie their brand to personal experiences and stories of an influencer in their target audience.
- Influencer Marketing Foundations with Chelsea Krost
- Marketing Tools: Digital Marketing with Anson Alexander
- Improve SEO for your Ecommerce Site with Sam Dey
You’d be hard pressed to find a company that doesn’t need great sales people—those who can effectively manage a sales team, the ability to understand the sales funnel, work with cross-functional partners, and sell into the highest levels of the business. That’s why it maintains its spot on the top hard skills companies need.
- Social Selling Foundations with Derek Pando
#9 Scientific Computing
Scientific computing skills are held by data science professionals, engineers, and software architects. Companies need more professionals that can develop machine learning models and apply statistical and analytical approaches to large data sets using programs like Python, MATLAB, and others.
- Parallel and Concurrent Programming with Python 1 with Barron Stone and Olivia Chiu Stone
#10 Video Production
Video continues to be top-of-mind for companies because the consumers have an insatiable appetite for watching videos. Cisco estimates that video will account for 82% of global internet traffic in 2022.
- Social Media Video Strategy: Weekly Bites with Ashley Kennedy